After 12 years in the making, 4 years of which it has been in Steam's Early Access, Kenshi by developers Lo-Fi Games releases globally today.
Kenshi is an open-ended sandbox RPG thats allows players totally freeform gameplay with no linear story and no level requirements to unlock new items and features. Be good, be evil, be a businessman, be a thief, live in a town, live in the desert, travel alone, travel in hordes, build a fortress, raze a city - Kenshi will never seek to limit you or restrict your personal play style. Other key features of the game include:
- The largest RPG world since Daggerfall - With no gated zones and a seamless map stretching over 870 square kilometres.
Mods to customise your characters and surroundings - A highly active player community already with over 1,500 fan-made mods to personalise your playthrough
- Detailed squad-based gameplay - Create, recruit and develop multi-character squads and factions from scratch.
Build a base to house your squad - Research new technologies, upgrade your defences and craft new gear
- Unashamedly hardcore - Harsh and unforgiving game world of constant challenge and reward. There are no ‘hero’ characters with artificially stronger stats
- Absolutely no level-scaling - The world does not level up with you and shops don’t change their items depending on your level
- Realistic medical system brings surprising survival gameplay - Damage location matters (leg injuries slow you down, arm injuries limit ability to fight), injuries take time to heal, no magical health potions exist and severed limbs need prosthetic replacements
- Aid or oppose the various factions in the world - Form alliances or start wars. Strive for the strength and wealth necessary to survive in the harsh desert
The Minimum System Requirements to play the game are as follows:
- OS: 64-bit Windows
- Processor: Dual-core 64-bit
- Memory: 6 GB RAM
- Graphics: Pixel shader 3.0 capable card
- DirectX®: 11
- Hard Drive: 14GB HD space
Kenshi is available for purchase via Steam